Hopefully everyone in the US is getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. The day after is known as Black Friday. It is an opportunity for everyone to start shopping for the holidays with major discounts.
If you go out for Black Friday there are two things we would like you to keep in mind.
- Be safe. There are always crazy things going on, on Black Friday. Please avoid pushing and shoving to get those amazing deals. It’s not worth hurting someone else or possibly going to jail.
- If you can, shop at a local small business. They will more than likely have Black Friday deals too. Small businesses are there when you need them and have the odd random item that you want and Big Box stores will not carry. If you shop with them it helps ensure that your hobby and/or neighborhood still have options. It also helps ensure that the money you spend stays in your neighborhood instead of going into the coffers of some big conglomerate.
There is also a Small Business Saturday Event for discounts at your local small business.
If you need ideas for things to get for everyone you can look through my past reviews either here or on the Youtube channel. A great place to start is the list of games that I brought back from Gencon.
If shopping for:
- the artist: The Bob Ross Art of Chill Game or Museum Heist
- the EMT: Paramedics Clear
- the person with the strange sense of humor: Run For Your Life Candy Man or Shootin’ Ladders
- the budding Scientist: Any of Blue Orange’s Dr. games. or Biotix
- the Lover: Hearts of Attraction
- the Biker: Boneyard
Game Companies to Watch out for because of their high quality games:
- Ravensburger – Excellent, High Quality Kids Games, Fun For The Whole Family
- Haba – Excellent, High Quality Kids Games, Fun For The Whole Family
- Smirk and Dagger – Wide range of Family Friendly Games that have a sense of humor
- Pressman/Goliath – Fun Classic games & Retro games based of of things you love
- Blue Orange – Excellent, High Quality Kids Games, Fun For The Whole Family
- iello – Excellent, High Quality Kids Games, Fun For The Whole Family
- Catan Studios – They make Settlers of Catan, what more do I need to say
- Cheapass Games – Cheap, easy to learn games that cover a wide variety of interests
- Looney Labs – Easy to learn games that cover a wide variety of interests, they have a game for just about everyone.
- SET Enterprises – Excellent cards games for the whole family that will last a lifetime.
- and of course Hasbro – The owners/makers of almost all of the standard, entry level games.
- Steve Jackson Games – Makers of Munchkin, all kinds of things Cthulhu. Try their dice games
Don’t forget that there are Role-playing games and you can also break out a deck of standard playing cards for a multitude of gaming options and sessions. Whatever you choose to do, please have fun.