A message from Fat Goblin Games about an interesting selection of materials. I’m particularly interested in the 8-Bit Adventures.
So, we have a bunch of goodies for you this week and we have some announcements you might not have seen, and I’ll get to those in a second. Currently, Fat Goblin Games, has about 20 freelancers working on various products, product lines, etc. We affectionately call them the Goblin Hoarde and they work really hard. With nearly 50k customers and nearly 20k of you receiving this newsletter, you have the potential to make or break a product. Let’s assume that only 5k of you read this newsletter, and out of that 5k only 2k actually go and look at our products. If 1k of you spent at least a $1 a week on our products, we could finally start building that private bunker where we will train our children to start designing and writing games. So, after you check out these great products from this top-selling publisher, take a moment to think about the kids. . . and then buy something awesome. Really, you deserve it.
Big announcements in the last 2 weeks;
- Little Goblins – New product line focused on products for kids. We first announced this line around 2012, but we are getting real close to actually it ready for your little ones (remember the kids!). The new line will include some support for existing systems, but mainly will focus on our Slumberland setting (using our new Avatar system) and providing teaching aids for educators. That second part will be focused at a new sales location, but we are making it available here to our regular customers as well.
- Bastards – Bastards is our own system being written by Lucus for the last year. The Bastard System is being designed around a “2d6 + modifiers” dice-mechanic, but a fun “twist” we plan to add to the system is that rather than normally trying to “hit’ or get a result equal to or greater than a static number, be it a DC or TN or a whatever, the vast majority of the time you will always be making an opposed check against a similar roll. So the Bastard System isn’t so much a “2d6+Modifiers vs. Set Number = Success” its “Your 2d6 + Modifiers vs. Their 2d6 + Modifiers” and the intention is to create the opportunity for a “Difference” between these values, as that Difference will be related directly to the level of success, or level of failure, of the action. It also has a lot of other fun bits, calling back to some old-school flavor. Expect a Pay-What-You-Want beta version to be released and a bunch of settings/expansions.
- Castle Falkenstein – This was pretty much everywhere. South Carolina-based Fat Goblin Games has announced a licensing agreement with R. Talsorian Games, Inc. to create a line of roleplaying game supplements based on Castle Falkenstein, the classic steampunk-themed fantasy role-playing game designed by Mike Pondsmith. So, all you fans of Castle Falkenstein, get ready for some awesome material coming soon!
And if you want to learn more, make sure to find us on FB or our Website, or even Twitter.
8-Bit Adventures – Welcome to the Fungal Kingdom
Now Available in Print!
Welcome to the Fungal Kingdom!
Welcome to 8-Bit Adventures! Do you yearn for a simpler time, when video games scrolled right and you only had to deal with 2 buttons at a time? An era where blocky, colorful, vaguely recognizable shapes made up heroes that battled odd and often confusing villains with little to no context? Then Fat Goblin Games has you covered!
Not only do you get an amazing 8-bit bestiary with over 15 iconic 8-bit monsters, you get 11 mini-adventures in classic 8-bit worlds where these creatures play major roles! Take on the role of your favorite 8-bit hero and jump, hop, and climb your way through the various levels to do what else… rescue the Princess of course!
This product line is designed to take a nostalgic look at the iconic video games of the past and bring those adventures to life in your campaigns in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game with all new options. Each volume will include monsters, magic items and maybe more! The names have been changed, but the flavor remains the same to ensure that the references are easy to see. Each volume will describe a different game world, each inspired by a classic game sure to inspire nostalgia in even the most hardened of veterans.
This volume covers the incursion of the Turtle Legions into the peaceful Fungal Kingdoms. The Turtle Legions have a variety of lethal troops at their disposal, ranging from the lowliest CR 1/2 wrenchy raccoons all the way up to the imposing Turtle King himself, weighing in at a whopping CR 15. Most of the monsters included present optional variants to help encompass the vast array of foes found across the many incarnations of the Fungal Kingdom. These foes provide a wealth of options to challenge parties of any level.
Check out Fungal Kingdoms and find:
- Amazing monsters from the 8-bit ages such as Cloud Turtle, Hammer Turtle, Spikey!, The Windup Bomb, the twisted Barracuda Bush, and many more!
- 11 Fantastic adventures from the mind that brought you Fat Goblin Games Campaign Kits. Check out the Castle Hopping Princess or perhaps take your chances in the Ice Pass!
- Magic Items that bring back the memories! Invulnerability Stars, Fire Hammers, and other old time favorites!
Racial Ecologies – The Otso
Racial Ecologies: Otso presents a new race perfect for any Fat Goblin Game setting, or your own Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. These new races are designed to emulate the style of the “Core Races“ as detailed in books like the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Race Guide.
Racial Ecologies: Otso aims to give players of these diminutive bear-like creatures immersive, world-neutral materials and support for almost any kind of play. Included are new and expanded options for alternate racial traits and subtypes, favored class options for all the base, core, hybrid, and occult classes, and racial archetypes. The book also has new racial rules for race equipment, feats, traits, magic items, spells, and more!
Check out all Otso features like…
- Racial Traits like Otso Magic and Beguiling Liar!
- The Stone of Verdant Allies and other Otso magical items!
- New traits and feats exclusive to Otso!
- Check out the Ponya Glider or Giant Squirrel mount!
- Awesome racial rules regarding traps and using zip lines to glide through the trees!
- Amazing Racial Archetypes like the Elemental Druid or the Garden Witch!
- Check out the 38 different Favored Class Options!
- Variant Otso Heritages like the Lumi, grey furred and feral or the adorable panda like Ponya!
5th Edition Racial Options – Goblins!
Best selling DMSGuild author Tony Petrecca (Journey Through the Center of the Underdark Volumes 1 and 2!) is at it again with another book in our popular 5th Edition Races line! This time out… its Goblins!
Goblins are the smallest of the goblinoids, a family of related humanoids that includes the larger Hobgoblins and Bugbears. Goblin’s small stature and typical lack of initiative mans they are frequently bullied into service to their larger goblinoid cousins. But some dare for a different life…
Explore the world of 5th Edition Fantasy Goblins and find out all you need to know to bring these popular mischief makers out of the bestiary and on to your game table as a playable race.
What does this book have to offer?
– Learn more about your these vile and malicious creatures!
– Explore your subraces! Nimblefoot, Wolf Master, and Rat Shaman!
– Deploy amazing magic items like the Cloak of the Rat, Enchanted Collars and more!
Spell Power: Hydraulic Push
The Spell Power PDFs introduce two pages of themed content for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Every PDF contains a full page of high-quality content (no fluff or filler)!
Spell Power: Hydraulic Push includes a handful of new feats for fans of the hydraulic push spell, plus plot hooks to bring your adventurers in quickly using this spell and these feats!
Feats include Hydraulic Current, Hydraulic Slam, Hydraulic Undertow, Mighty Push, Quenching Push, and Rushing Push! The plot hooks wrapped around hydraulic push include merfolk raiders, a geyser that uses hydraulic push, an eccentric artificer, and a gauntlet of death with a hydraulic push in its core!!
Publisher’s Choice – Master Illustrations
Are you looking for cover art for your next book? How about some quality interior illustrations? How about enough art to finish up your book?
Then you need to check out our Master Illustrations!
Publisher’s Choice Stockart is provided to aid new publishing companies in creating high-quality publications by providing the design essentials to compete with larger competitors. In addition, the line is perfect for adding fresh new content to the seasoned publisher’s art library and aiding in keeping design budgets manageable.
Artwork License: A PDF copy of our license is included, allowing our customers to alter or modify any illustration in this set, in addition to rules on crediting, etc.
Demonic Transformations – http://www.rpgnow.com/product/186025/Publishers-Choice–Master-Illustrations-Demonic-Transformations