M:YZ Gen Lab Alpha just three days to go to unlock the final stretch goal!
With the Mutant: Year Zero Gen Lab Alpha Kickstarter drawing to a close this Friday, we’d love to update you with a quick summary of what you’ve achieved, by backing this fantastic new project.
First up you’ve smashed the original target of 57,000 Kr pledging over 577Kr worth of support, which is ten times the original goal, an outstanding achievement!
With over 800 backers Gen Lab Alpha has smashed through nearly all of its stretch goals and they just keep on coming. Your generous support has already unlocked:
- The Island of Doctor Life – Rumours spread in the Zone about this mysterious machine being living on an island.
- Blackhand’s Bar – Deep in the Zone, next to an old highway lies this sanctuary in the wastelands, the ones who know it rarely divulge the secret.
- Two new Zone maps as voted for by you, the Backers!
- Year Zero Intro Parts 1-3: Sample Ark – A complete sample Ark, with characters, events, maps and images – perfect for a convention game or to introduce new players.
With just three full days to go, just 20000 Kr is needed to unlock the final stretch goal, the Printed Zone Compendium and with your help we can still do it!
The most generous pledges and biggest backers receive impressive rewards like:
1200Kr or More – Tribe Alpha
- Print and PDF copy of the award-winning 272 page full-color hardback Mutant: Year Zero Core Rulebook.
- Custom Year Zero Card Deck with 100 Mutations, Artefacts and Threats.
- Deluxe 4-panel GM Screen measuring 872 x 279 mm.
- Full-color 36cm x 55.8cm Zone Map.
- Maps & Markers Pack with four large Zone maps and 108 gaming markers for keeping track of food, water, ammunition and Mutation/Feral Points, for use with both Mutant: Genlab Alpha and Mutant: Year Zero
- Printed Zone Compendium (unlocked if we reach 600K KR)
Genlab Alpha is a stand-alone expansion to the award-winning Mutant Year Zero RPG.
This is the first major expansion to Mutant: Year Zero, the award-winning pen & paper roleplaying game by Free League Publishing and Modiphius Entertainment. But Mutant: Genlab Alpha is no mere supplement – it stands on its own and can be played as a complete game in its own right.
We can hope you’ve seen enough to back this fantastic Kickstarter and will join us when we say “Get ready for a furry mutant (r)evolution!”
Go back to the beginning with the Dark Symmetry Campaign book for Mutant Chronicles
Today we’re really pleased to announce the release of the Dark Symmetry campaign book, an exciting new adventure which takes players back to the origins of the Mutant Chronicles diesel punk roleplaying game.
In the Mutant Chronicles, players enter a dark future of a solar system riven by war, where technology is failing, powerful corporations vie for control and the omnipresent threat of an alien menace hangs over mankind, in this acclaimed diesel punk sci-fi roleplaying game.
At the beginning of this era, an Imperial expedition to Pluto has unleashed a wave of darkness and despair upon humanity, spreading madness and corruption. As the worlds of mankind begin to fall, a handful of determined investigators stumble across conspiracies that threaten to tear civilisation apart.
The Dark Symmetry Campaign book contains two distinct campaigns set in the Dark Symmetry era, exploring the early years of the Mutant Chronicles setting, plus a standalone adventure Straffar Gatan 39, which serves as a prequel to the main campaigns.
Straffar Gatan 39
Detectives from Luna PD 32nd Precinct Homicide Division are sent to investigate a callout to Straffar Gatan 39. The dark events that take place in Straffar Gatan 39 serve as a prelude to the Fall of Von Hölle adventure, and occur one day after Imperial Conquistadors on Pluto discovered a strange tablet in ancient ruins.
The Fall of von Hölle
In the days following the emergence of the Dark Symmetry, a missing heiress, an emergency call, and the agenda of a madman all lead to an unsettling discovery and a vile conspiracy.
The Dark Symmetry Campaign
At the height of the First Dark Legion War, a series of seemingly innocuous events in LunaCity reveal a dark scheme that spreads across human civilisation.
Inside this massive 192 page adventure, players will also encounter extensive background and source material and insights into the early days of the Mutant Chronicles universe. Dark Symmetry also features:
Six characters designed to work with the premise of the adventures.
A selection of items used by the Cartel’s elite warriors, who were founded in the height of the First Dark Legion war.
The Dark Symmetry campaign unleashes the truth about the genesis of the Mutant Chronicles universe and the arrival of the Dark Legion threat!